Working in teams is a critical piece of the culture in contemporary organizations. Highly functioning teams are more efficient, more productive, and enjoy higher levels of success. This course focuses on the fundamentals of team building. Issues such as personality preference styles, group synergy, attitude, perception, trust, and competition are examined, as well as strategies for improving team function.
Special attention is paid to common blockers that hinder people from working well together.
This course is based upon active learning, with rich, interactive team-based exercises, applied experiences and an action planning component.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of good team players
- Identify personality preference styles
- Demonstrate how preferences affect teams and the work environment
- Describe how highly functioning teams can increase productivity and efficiency
- Apply team communication strategies and techniquesRecognize barriers to teamwork
- Identify ways to create a positive team attitudeInitiate action plans for improvement
Improved team ability to work efficiently, and effectively resulting in better interpersonal relationships and overall productivity.