Successful organizations recognize that organization-wide critical thinking and creative solutions to problems can significantly drive overall business success. This course provides a model and framework for a clear and consistent problem-solving and decision-making process. Participants apply this model and are introduced to multiple strategies, tools, and techniques to add to their problem-solving toolkit.
This course is based upon active learning, with rich, interactive exercises, applied experiences, and business-related case studies. Participants will also apply the problem-solving and decision making methodology to company work-related problems.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define a problem
- Apply a seven (7) step problem solving model
- Apply a decision making model
- Recognize the difference between a problem and a decision
- Identify problem solving styles
- Identify personal and team roadblocks to success
- Develop action plans
- Practice with problem solving and decision making tools
Improved ability to define and solve the “right” problem resulting in increased efficiency and streamlined and consistent problem solving and decision making across the enterprise.