Managers leadership inspires and motivates. This course focuses on the differences between managing and leading while maintaining consistency in all areas of business operations. Team building, communication, leadership style, and fostering a positive work environment are addressed. Emphasis is placed upon building a variety of leadership skills.
This course is based upon active learning, with rich, interactive team-based exercises, and applied experiences.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the differences between managers and leaders
- Identify team leadership styles
- Explore leader behavior
- Recognize the elements of building positive relationships
- Discover what motivates people, and how to create a motivating climate
- Identify levels of trust
- Explore and understand common approaches to discipline
- Practice a non-punitive approach to dealing with negative behavior
Enhanced leaderships skills resulting in improved departmental functioning, communication, and team interpersonal relationships.