The quality of the supervision an employee receives is critical to employee retention, development, and productivity. People leave managers and supervisors more often than they leave companies or jobs. Ineffective supervision can cost the company resources, time, and talent. This program is designed to provide supervisors with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully supervise.
This course is based upon active learning, with rich, interactive exercises, case studies, and applied experiences.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discover how leadership relates to human behavior
- Identify a personal leadership style
- Examine blockers that may hinder supervisory strategies
- Explore different management styles
- Describe different styles of interaction
- Build trust
- Delegate effectively
- Identify what people need and want from their jobs
- Apply supervisory strategies and techniques
Enhanced ability to supervise employees resulting in a positive workplace climate and increased productivity, employee engagement, motivation and retention.