Leaders get things done through others; they are charged with prioritizing tasks, developing growth strategies, and delegating responsibilities. The most effective leaders also know how to have the difficult conversations that help drive business objectives, guide individuals and teams toward greater productivity, and provide a motivating climate.
This program is designed to equip leaders with the skills necessary to have difficult, yet productive conversations in order to accomplish goals and objectives.
This course is based upon active learning, with rich, interactive exercises, case studies, and applied experiences.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Set the stage for safe, risk-free discussions
- Recognize blockers that may hinder having a healthy discussion
- Listen actively and empathically
- Recognize key non-verbal messages and body cues
- Master a six (6) step process for having difficult conversations
- Control hostile discussions
Enhanced ability to accomplish business objectives by initiating healthy yet difficult conversations resulting in greater employee productivity, career advancement and stress reduction.