Workplace violence can significantly disrupt an organization’s mission, as well as seriously affect employee morale and feelings of safety and security. Diffusing or preventing violence is essential in preserving the stability of an organization.
This program is designed to equip managers, leaders and/or workers with skills and techniques that will help diffuse potentially violent situations and manage the negative behavior of the individual(s) involved.
This course is based upon active learning, with rich, interactive exercises, case studies, and applied experiences.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the link between stress and workplace violence
- Identify reasons for increased negativity in the workplace
- Discover the dynamics of a difficult person Identify three (3) forms of effective interaction
- Apply several communication choices
- Diffuse potentially aggressive and/or aggressive behavior
Enhanced coping skills resulting in effectively managed violent and/or aggressive behavior. These skills can help ensure a safe and secure workplace.