Negative conflict, in a business setting, can be expensive, counter-productive, time consuming and labor intensive. Constructive conflict can bring about new ideas and problem solving methods.
This program focuses on providing the skills necessary to manage negative conflict and promote positive working relationships.
This course is based upon active learning, with rich, interactive exercises, case studies, and applied experiences.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize how and why conflict exists
- Realize conflict represents differences in opinions and beliefs
- Identify personal conflict resolution styles
- Identify blockers that hinder the resolution process
- Demonstrate a five (5) step collaborative process
- Manage emotions
- Take the perspective of others
- Deal with negativity
Enhanced ability to resolve workplace conflicts resulting in less hostility, fewer disputes and higher productivity.